Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of things I bought myself this year for my birthday was a Weller WES51 soldering station. I had wanted a soldering station for a long time and finally broke down and bought one.

One problem … it’s butt ugly baby blue.

I fixed that …

I turned my WES51 into a WES5150!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For rattle can paint, it flow well. I usually heat the can in warm water before painting to make it flow better. I didn't need to with the Fusion. I was very impressed.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
For rattle can paint, it flow well. I usually heat the can in warm water before painting to make it flow better. I didn't need to with the Fusion. I was very impressed.
Glad to know somebody else warms there paint up first too, i thought i was the only one.:dontknow: Seriously alot of the guys that paint RC car boddies with rattle cans warm them first. It also pressureizes the can for a more consistant spray (works great) of coarse every time i do it my wife will ask me why i have cans of paint in the kitchen sink.:foottap:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I warm my paint cans also. I used to paint the RC car bodies, and they would flake off sometimes if I tried to paint in colder temps so I always warm the can, and the plastic that I was painting. I use to love the nitro that RC cars used, but that hobby is more expensive than audio.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took a cue from the RC guys on this little project. A lot of them use the Hakko 936 and put decals on them. No decal sets are available for the WES51, so I decided to jazz it up on my own. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts