Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas came early at my house. I now have all of the drivers I need for my center, mains and sub. I still need to order my crossover parts. I also received my BFD, UB802, ECM8000 ... ok, I guess pic would be in order. :D

Jim's big ole gloat pic:

Unfortunately, the wife is coming home early. I thought she'd be gone until the end of July, but she'll be back in two weeks. I still have to paint, carpet, run base and casings in my kids rooms before she gets back. I also want to build a hutch section for the entertainment center that's behind the stuff in the pic. I might be able to shoehorn the subwoofer project in there somewhere. The center and mains will have to wait until July.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Let's all go to Jim's house! :yes:

That's something to gloat about there... looks like a whole buncha fun.

Wife will be back in two weeks... :yikes: You ain't got it all out of the boxes yet? No rest for tonight then.... lol

M

·
0 Posts
No doubt sonnie. Lots of fun to be had. I love new boxes of stuff!
I always like when Im tracking packages and I cross my fingers the
UPS man beats my wife coming home from work. lol. Ive had some
real nail biters.

Matt

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last summer she went to her Dad's for two weeks. That's when I laid the tile that's in the pic. I was moving furniture and pulling carpet up while she was backing out of the driveway. I don't know what I would have said if she came back in the house. :)

When she finally made it back home I had replaced all of the carpet with tile except in the bedrooms. I also repainted the ceilings and walls. I sent a teaser pic to her showing the foyer's tile busted up and the carpet gone in the living room. My youngest son asked me, "were you mad?!?!" lol

So now I'm racing against time to get their rooms done and still play with MY toys.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Jim, I'll stuck to this thread like the white on rice :hail: haha

Keep the pics commin!

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Well, I can't wait to hear them either :laugh: I thought about skipping the 7" Rs180 projects and going straight with a Rs225/Rs28a TM speaker instead. Problem was I only saw one schematic for the crossover online and no reviews. A tower is just ludacrist for a room the size of mine...been there done that ****

Attachments

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
They're Technics alright :laugh:

·
Banned
357 Posts
FlashJim said:
When she finally made it back home I had replaced all of the carpet with tile except in the bedrooms. I also repainted the ceilings and walls. I sent a teaser pic to her showing the foyer's tile busted up and the carpet gone in the living room. My youngest son asked me, "were you mad?!?!" lol.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Little kids say the cutest things in the world. I would have replied, I woke up and couldn't find you so I tore the up house looking for you or something to that effect...

Exocer, why not just do three WTMW Projects?? I think you can ask BrianBunge if it would be ok to take the left and right channels and re-arange the drivers to a

W
M
T
W

~Bob

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got my first sheet of MDF in the garage. It's for the sub. I hope to start it this weekend.

The tablesaw will be parked for this project. I hope to post some pics of this setup in action ...

Eurekazone's SmartGuide:

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
khellandros66 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Little kids say the cutest things in the world. I would have replied, I woke up and couldn't find you so I tore the up house looking for you or something to that effect...

Exocer, why not just do three WTMW Projects?? I think you can ask BrianBunge if it would be ok to take the left and right channels and re-arange the drivers to a

W
M
T
W

~Bob
Well the WMTW projects utilize a driver I don't even own (RS225), and I'd definitely keep them TMWW as to avoid a complete overhaul of the crossover design if that were an option. Plus the crossover is way out of my budget :laugh:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Jim... I know you not gonna be able to hide all that material from your wife. What you gonna tell her... "I'm building you some cabinets baby." lol

I can't tell you how many times when I've been building boxes for my car and when I was building the cabinet for my equipment in the HT room... I promised my wife I'd build her bookcases she's been asking for over 5 years now. She always comments... "You building my bookcases baby?" In that sarcastic tone you know.

I take off work to meet UPS at the house for a delivery or either it comes to the office and I take off early to get it home. She beeps me and asked... "Why aren't you at the office... what you taking off early for?" I'm like ... "Oh... nothing... just took off early today." With that innocent tone... then she says, "Uh huh... I know you bought something else for the that home theater room didn't you?" She has got me all figured out now. :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
khellandros66 said:
I figured you would need to do some tweaking but I would be neat because this would replicate the Triad InRoom Gold LCR's which go for about $1500ea.

~Bob
Meh, nice but not what I am looking for. The Natalie P's will more than suffice in my listening space, and budget. Now, if you're giving me the money to go through with your suggestion of 3 DIY projects then i'll PM you my paypal account addy ;) Not to mention that I favor the dispersion characteristics of a 2-way MTM or 3way TMWW over WTMW mains..

Sonnie,shes got you all figured out alright. Whats the point in trying to hide it now? :T

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just ordered a small HVLP sprayer setup from Rockler. It's gotten good reviews from the guys in the woodworking forums I'm on. Rockler finally put it on sale for $79.99 and I had a $20 rewards coupon. $59.99 + shipping. :)

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
FlashJim said:
I just ordered a small HVLP sprayer setup from Rockler. It's gotten good reviews from the guys in the woodworking forums I'm on. Rockler finally put it on sale for $79.99 and I had a $20 rewards coupon. $59.99 + shipping. :)

Sweet deal!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't think they were going to give it to me. The coupon I had kept coming up invalid. I got a call this morning that their system got updated and the coupon worked. They are shipping everything today.

I almost cancelled. :)

I also got a few new toys for my router table that I've been wanting since I built it. That was probably my most fun project to date.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts