Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, what's the name for black velvet at JOANN? i need some for covering screen trims.

i know there are syfabrics and fidelio, but these are online. i don't want to buy and wait.

there's a local JOANN store nearby, i want to go there with a 50% coupon and buy some. thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
hi guys, what's the name for black velvet at JOANN? i need some for covering screen trims.

i know there are syfabrics and fidelio, but these are online. i don't want to buy and wait.

there's a local JOANN store nearby, i want to go there with a 50% coupon and buy some. thanks
Your best bet is to take a flashlight to the store with you and test all the velvets for yourself. Also, the thicker the material is the better.

I notice that only one velvet sold by Joann is made from 100% cotton (it's also the most expensive). I would compare all the other velvets to this one since I'm guessing it will have the least (if any) sheen to it, which velvets made with any amount of polyester will probably have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have four yards of the syfabrics if your interested. PM me. I know you said you did not want to buy and wait but I could ship it to you UPS ground right after you pay via paypal and you would have it in a few days (going to Joanne's is going to cost you a lot more). It is nice stuff and I would sell it to you for $24 plus shipping so a bit less than buying through them. It is brand new and unused. I am going in a different direction with my screen. You can search my username on here and avs if you want to know why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts