Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am EXTREMELY frustrated. I am attempting to follow John Reekie's 90 deg cal file process, but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to delete a COLUMN, NOT a line, in wordpad. or any text editor for that matter. i need to delete the amplitude column, leaving only the freq. column, so i can then import that column into a speadsheet. but when i right click and begin to move the mouse down, it highlights the entire line, not just a column, PLEASE someone help me!!!!

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
With Notepad++ you can do it. Use Alt+"mouse selection" or Alt+Shift+"arrow key" to activate and select.

Not being argumentative, but:
  • Why do you need it? I did not see where it was necessary in the instructions, Maybe I missed it.
  • Why not do it in Excel, if needed?
  • Have you seen the "micdelta" utility that converts a .cal file to a 90 degree .cal file automatically? It is made for the UMIK-1 only.
Not trying to make trouble, and no need to respond if I have totally missed the point. Just hate to see you frustrated and wasting your time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the reply, you may be right, I might not even need to delete each column before importing the data into a spreadsheet program, but honestly, I'm really inexperienced with this kind of thing, NEVER used a spreadsheet in my life (34 years). After thinking about it, it seems that smoothing the measurements to 1/3 or even 1/6 octave before saving data as text really cuts down on the number of data points from unsmoothed or even 1/48 or 1/24 octave, I could have just done the calculations by hand, one data point at a time. BTW, I'm using a cross-spectrum UMM6 as a reference to create a cal file for a parts-express ECM8000. Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out the ++ version you spoke of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just download the calibration file from minidsp again. The changed it so you get two files now, the second one being the autogenerated 90 Deg file. The did this for all new and old UMIKs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts