Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I was wondering if anyone is using JRiver as source decoder and DSP for their Home Theater ? I am planning to experiment with this once I recieved my Asus HDAV 1.3 Deluxe.

My AV receiver doesn't allow me to do any Room corrections and I am experiencing a bit of a bass problem at the moment.

·
Registered
130 Posts
HTS user Mojave, would be a good one to consult with on this. I'm not sure if he is a member here. Maybe you can ping him with a PM.

He uses the same username on the Jriver forums. Maybe you can find some of his explanations there. I currently use Jriver -> HDMI to my receiver which has Audyssey, and a MiniDSP for subwoofer EQ. I have been considering ditching the MiniDSP and using the PEQ in Jriver, since it is fast becoming my only source, but I haven't gone down that road yet.

I do use Jriver's Room Correction feature to set delay and steer bass from my small desktop computers to a subwoofer in my office.

The native PEQ in Jriver seems quite good. Here is a screen shot in case you don't have it installed.
Text Font Line Screenshot Parallel

Hi

I was wondering if anyone is using JRiver as source decoder and DSP for their Home Theater ? I am planning to experiment with this once I received my Asus HDAV 1.3 Deluxe.

My AV receiver doesn't allow me to do any Room corrections and I am experiencing a bit of a bass problem at the moment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the heaps up. I'll give your advise a try. I could always go to the JRiver forum but I thought I start here. Just like you I am trying to make my HTPC my only source player to simplify my AV hardware.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I'll post some of my knowledge this evening :) ! I currently use my PC as my preamp and only source in my system.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

I noticed that there are quite a few people using the PC as an analog source. Why no using the PC as a digital source for what it is?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts