Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently downloaded JRiver MC on my PC and purchased the JRemote app for my iPhone 4S and ipad but for some reason I can't get the app JRemote to find the JRiver mc. I get this error message:"Access key was verified but the computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network."
The connection to the JRemote gives to options for connecting. A connect with access key or connect with IP address. I am not very computer literate and have been trying to figure out if this means the IP address of the network router or something else.
Can anyone help. Frustration rules.:help:

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I have recently downloaded JRiver MC on my PC and purchased the JRemote app for my iPhone 4S and ipad but for some reason I can't get the app JRemote to find the JRiver mc. I get this error message:"Access key was verified but the computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network."
The connection to the JRemote gives to options for connecting. A connect with access key or connect with IP address. I am not very computer literate and have been trying to figure out if this means the IP address of the network router or something else.
Can anyone help. Frustration rules.:help:
You have to place the generated code into JRemote. Here's the link to the Jriver Help Wiki on that subject.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the imput of the access code but it didn't work. I also tried the GizmoWeb remote and it found the media center and load my library but wouldn't play anything. I'll go the the help on JRiver and see if I can find something like a setting or something that isn't correct. Thanks for both of your replies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I gave up for now as my attention has been directed to a new piece of equipment. I purchased a Parasound dac that is just incredible and forgot about my original issue. I will have to re-approach the JRemote issue. Thanks for reminding me.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
No, I gave up for now as my attention has been directed to a new piece of equipment. I purchased a Parasound dac that is just incredible and forgot about my original issue. I will have to re-approach the JRemote issue. Thanks for reminding me.
No worries - I am right there with you. In an attempt to get everything else done, this one kind of hit the back burner... :)

If I get a chance to get at it before you do, I will make sure to post up what I found as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it might be the windows firewall blocking it. Found this post on jriver's forum

Okay, king of the noobs here. So I installed the JRemote app to iphone 4s, entered the access key. I get an error: "Access key was verified, but computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network." I am trying to connect to my laptop which is wirelessly connected to my Netgear WNDR3700 router.

Any help? Huh Huh

Thank You very much.

SOLVED! ok, I knew I was a noob but this is embarrassing. It may help others though so I will put away my shame and share......In Windows 7 firewall, when you open the "Turn Windows Firewall on or Off" window I was overlooking this setting: "Block all connections, Including those in the list of allowed connections list".

It is now working.

Thank You Sven and JimH!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info. I'll check and see if that is the same on windows 8 when I've got a few minutes and report back.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Interesting, I was lucky enough to be able to make it work early on and when it works, it is very very well thought out.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll check and see if that is the same on windows 8 when I've got a few minutes and report back.
Not sure if you got this figured out yet, but I was able to spend a bit of time on it and I finally got it working - matter of fact I am listening to it now on my iPad.

So, here is what I did:

1. I figured out what my external ip was - there is a service that will do this called whatsmyip.org.

2. I went into my router and figured out what internal address was in use by my computer where jriver was running.

3. I went into the advanced functions of my router and set up port forwarding for port 52199 on the internal ip I found in step 2.

4. Instead of going through the webgizmo page where you enter the access code, I entered my external ip in a browser followed by a ":52199". That took me to the library page you see on their site which allows you to select Webgizmo.

Pretty sure that was all there was to it...

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
And, I just tried using the internal ip from the browser followed by the same :52199 and it worked there as well. When I used the external ip, there was a pause between the first and second track as it converted from FLAC to mp3 and buffered.

That same pause is there using the internal ip as well. It takes a fair bit between tracks. There may be something to having to tap the screen (iPad) to get it to go to the next track. Still playing with it...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll try your suggestions and see what happens. I'll post the results. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm jealous. I have tried to do what you said in your instructions and I must be computer illiterate because I can't make it work. I must not be imputing the right info. I think I'll contact my router company and ask for help. Very frustrating. I seem to be waisting an inordinate amount of time on this and everyone makes it sound so simple.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Quite often a very simple mistake is being overlooked... dont give up .... if we could remote assist iphones the way we do with PC's ......

Once we get this cleared up, I can show you guys how to run Ozone5 VST plugin to get some awesome sound tweaks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm jealous. I have tried to do what you said in your instructions and I must be computer illiterate because I can't make it work. I must not be imputing the right info. I think I'll contact my router company and ask for help. Very frustrating. I seem to be waisting an inordinate amount of time on this and everyone makes it sound so simple.
What is your WiFi router model ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts