Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Nice work thus far!

One question though. If you planned to paint them and had access to a CNC why didn't you just have them cut a ton of curved pieces like the braces except have them the full width with bracing throughout? That would have saved you months.
You are right StereoClarity. Having the pieces cutted by a CNC would have saved some time building the enclousures, but at greater cost. To cut the pieces at the last photo in post #2 costed 125€. The remaining wood (lateral panels, back and front baffle) cost another 120€. If it was today I would have done things differently, just like you mencioned, but I would cut the pieces at home with a router or a jigsaw :T. That would allow to create thicker panel and a irregular shape inside the cabinet with the additional control over standing waves.

Tomorow I will update with some more photos. Stay tuned :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hello again!

I want to share some more photos. This time with the drivers in place. Please note that this is not the actual finish. That will be handled in a few weeks, I hope :blink:. The front baffle will remain black, but the side panels will the painted in metallic purple :yikes: :bigsmile:.

A few more notes, the spearks aren't correctly placed, the bottom enclouse must be inclined back in order to be time aligned with the top enclousers.

Cópia de P1090663.JPG

Cópia de P1090669.JPG

Cópia de P1090671.JPG

Cópia de P1090668.JPG

Cópia de P1090672.JPG

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
They're really starting to look like a serious speaker now. Cant wait to see these finished, keep up the good work, nearly there now:T

61 - 68 of 68 Posts