Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been building the tritrix little by little for the last few monthes. It's taken me a while cause I have a newborn son that's running me ragged. I thought I would just post a few picture so that you can see the progress that has been made.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the pics; I've been thinking of building these myself. Did you buy the whole kit including the knock-down cabs? That's what I've been looking at, since I'm not much good at woodworking yet, and figure the "learning the design" and the assembly would be good next steps for me. I'm interested in your experience with these, and also your impressions of their sound.

G'luck,
Tom

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem for the pics and yes I bought the whole kit from PE. That cabinets aren't entirely to difficult to build I was just having a lazy moment. As far as cab quality they went together very easy you just need to pre drill all of you holes. Use alot of glue and a few clamps. I've heard people complain that this doesnt line up or that doesn't line up by a 1/16 or 1/32 but it's still wood it is bend able and movable so once you finished assembling them plan on sanding some edges smooth. The crossover were very easy to build. PE even has a how to video is you get hung up. I just used a piece of oak luan and hot glued the components to that. They key to building crossovers is to lay them out in front of you on the material you plan on building it with so that you can make sure all components fit and you can make the connections and no leads are too short. Secure them to the board and soldier them when dry. So far my listening experience was at a wow factor. For the money spent these sound great. I haven't had a ton of time to sit back and listen to them yet but my preview is making the rest of the build push along. Stay tuned more pics to come.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sat down yesterday and had a good listen for a little over an hour. The low end of these things is very surprising. Not over bearing though. It's smooth and easy listen to. Midbass is clean and smooth as well. As far as the high go they are not harsh even one bit. They are a little faint but still enjoyable to listen to. For the small price tag of 199 and the 75 or so dollars I spent on extras you really can't go wrong with this build. They are not world class but sound good enough for just about anyone to enjoy. If your thinking about doing this build. Do not hesitate!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Your build looks quite nice and Thank you for your impressions of the sound quality, I appreciate your comments. Yours just add to the pile of remarks claiming this to be worth every penny spent and minute invested. I'm just starting to study the design and calculations of crossovers, so I'm thinking I'll build the tritrix and follow the design decisions as I go to learn the whys and wherefores. I appreciate the build thread you created as you went.
Thanks for sharing your work- they look great and I hope you enjoy them!

Tom

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.