Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW is all i can say. I didn't expect that there would be a tremendous sound difference between standard CDDA and SACD/DSD tracks.

boy was I wrong!!!

the clarity and depth are amazing, it was as if i had brand new speakers and the soundstage had been expanded to infinity.

i was so impressed I ram back to the store and bought two more.

any comments on your experiences with SACD and the life is welcome here. please share.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: JUst bought and heard my first SACD

So was it that big of a difference Candoo? I've had a Sony SACD player for quite some time and have never purchased let alone, heard one of those recording. I'm ready to purchase a few CD's, one of them, Matt's mood by Matt Biaco/Basia so perhaps I should really consider a SACD format.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I could not agree more! To my ears there was a HUGE difference between CD's and SACD's. The later having much more detail and resolution. The addition of multiple channel encoding makes the music come alive for me. I LOVE it.

·
Registered
414 Posts

What SACDs would people recommend. I love music, and would love to hear in much better clarity. Although I have read alot of jazz, classical and Acoustic genres are the prevailing producers of the SACD, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
7 Posts

What SACDs would people recommend. I love music, and would love to hear in much better clarity. Although I have read alot of jazz, classical and Acoustic genres are the prevailing producers of the SACD, what would you recommend?
Glen Gould
BACH - The Goldberg Variations
Zenph Re-Perfomance CD
(includes a Binaural version)

If you have DVD -Audio
Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia :clap:

·
Registered
59 Posts

I don't know what genre you prefer but for me a real surprise treat was Dark Side of the Moon. I enjoyed it on vinyl but the CD version I had never got listened to. The SACD version was like nothing I had heard before. So trite; but true, It was like a whole new album.

Steve

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
although i'm nto a huge fan i bought Michael Jackson's thriller album on SACD and some classic music. i found it can be hard to find SACD's as they are mixed in with everyother type of CD out there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
although i'm nto a huge fan i bought Michael Jackson's thriller album on SACD and some classic music. i found it can be hard to find SACD's as they are mixed in with everyother type of CD out there.
That’s why I only buy on line. The local shops don’t listen to the customers so the customers go somewhere else.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts