Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've have REW up and running. worked on it late last night so i could have been sleep and missed the vital details...

First things first... what is the proper range settings for the 33-2055?

I read on another post it should be set at "80" however, when I set it at 80 and "measure" it at the default 75. it says that the signal is too low... When I turn up the monitor volume the the SPL starts blinking. at 90... so should I increase the range? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
when I set it at 80 and "measure" it at the default 75. it says that the signal is too low
Then you turn up the REW input level. This increases the level into REW, and doesn't change the 75dB on the SPL meter..

brucek

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thx guys!!! i turned up the sound card input vol
before i start re-arranging the room....
arround the measured 38% spot... does this look normal???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes sir.. I don't have any subs... this is for a my lil studio... 11X9.5.x9

But that makes me wonder do i need subs in order to see/hear the full picture

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
But that makes me wonder do i need subs in order to see/hear the full picture
I don't know what that means, but if you're listening to music, you can usually get away without a sub, but not for movies.

brucek

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok... this would be for music...

i was thinking outloud... :) "do i need a sub for my studio or can i get by without"

sorry for the incomplete thought...

but as for the chart does that look normal... it would be at the 38% position of the room...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what a 38% position is, but the graph looks normal, as for as you doing everything right to get a good measurement. The response itself - as you can see, your speaker's bass response is fairly ragged.

Regards,
Wayne
oh... yea.. the 38% is a theory that you can get the best response for mixing 38% from the wall... it is nothing set in stone...but something i've seen on the net...

By being ragged.. i'm betting that means all over the place..hahha.. yea i'm planning on get some bass traps and some other forms of treatment soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

Traps will decrease the time it takes low frequency signals to decay, which will tighten up the way the bass sounds. Treatments will reduce reverberation of the mid and upper frequencies by absorption or breaking up the sound waves. However, treatments and traps will not, as a "for instance," eliminate problems like the big hole you have at 75 Hz.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 14 of 14 Posts