Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did get a real smile when the witch's cauldron exploded. Not only did the house shake, but I could feel it in my bones. :D

Grow old, never grow up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Feast your eyes...:D

That's a fun movie. A couple friends and I watched it in the Dobly Atmos Theater in KC. Some ridiculous number of speakers with a unique processing engine that dolby is beta testing. They have speakers all over the ceiling, down the walls, multiple independant subs etc. It was better than normal theater sound - but still I like my own home theater better. :huh:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That's a fun movie. A couple friends and I watched it in the Dobly Atmos Theater in KC. Some ridiculous number of speakers with a unique processing engine that dolby is beta testing. They have speakers all over the ceiling, down the walls, multiple independant subs etc. It was better than normal theater sound - but still I like my own home theater better. :huh:
I totally get wanting to watch at home. My HT has spoiled me.

·
Registered
197 Posts

I saw it in a Dolby Atmos theater near San Jose, CA. I was traveling on business and literally found it by accident. The sound was pretty awesome but I have to say that you really didn't get the whole Atmos effect until you heard the Atmos trailer before the film (kinda like the THX fanfare).

I wonder if we'll ever get IMAX + Atmos?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
A couple friends and I watched it in the Dobly Atmos Theater in KC. Some ridiculous number of speakers with a unique processing engine that dolby is beta testing.
Dolby was done beta testing by the time 'Brave' was released. Since then, a couple more titles mixed in Atmos have come out: 'Taken 2' in early October and 'Chasing Mavericks' a couple weeks ago. Three more films in Atmos due out this year: Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi', Dreamworks' 'Rise of the Guardians' and Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit'.

Three films also announced for next year in Atmos: the Sandra Bullock & George Clooney romantic adventure set in space 'Gravity', Guillermo del Toro's sci-fi epic 'Pacific Rim', which pits giant robots piloted by humans against giant sea monsters rising out of the Pacific ocean, and the J.J. Abrams sequel 'Star Trek Into Darkness'.

·
Registered
197 Posts
We just had a family screening of Brave two nights ago...my daughter had seen it but my special needs son had not and he enjoyed it more than I thought he would. We'll see as the years go by if the mother-daughter lessons mean anything to my little girl and my wife. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts