Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been given permission to commence building new speakers for our TV room. And this seems like the forum I can learn from. The plan is for a simple 5.2 system since the room is rather small and doesn't need much. The system will be exclusively for TV use, so the bass will be excessive to help with the sci-fi and action movies we prefer.

I have a range of interests and a short attention span. So I may be active here for a while then disappear for a while when something else shiny lures me away. But I'm really hoping to complete this in a timely fashion so I can begin enjoying the fruits of my labor.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the Shack......:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Welcome welcome welcome :wave:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome fellow Texas. Make yourself at home, you can learn a great deal here on the forums. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sincerely hope y'all aren't holding your breath waiting for posts of my "amazing" system. We have pressing financial obligations that will delay any purchases. But I promise I will post progress as soon as I have any.

Which section of the forum would be best for posting a quick outline of my planned system? I could use some feedback on things like crossovers and such.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

I totally understand about popping in and out of the forum...hopefully you'll find what you need and choose to stick around! :T

Regards, Todd

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I totally understand about popping in and out of the forum...hopefully you'll find what you need and choose to stick around! :T

Regards, Todd
I've found tons of information and helpful people. I have no doubt I'll find more help as I proceed. Unfortunately, I recently acquired $500 in traffic tickets. That has put a bit of a crimp in the speaker budget.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And... life happened, as it does. More than four years later I still haven't started this project. Still have the same Blu-ray player hooked to the same Sony receiver, the same Hisense TV, the same Sony active 8" sub, and the same 5.0 surround speakers meant for a PC. These days we hardly use the Blu-ray, it isn't even plugged in. The receiver does its job just fine since all it's really there for is to decode the audio. We never use the actual "receiver" functions. The sub is better than nothing. But those speakers... yeah, they're junk.

Anyhow, I'm here again because I'm trying to get back on track. We spend so much time streaming and gaming, this rig is basically the center of our lives. It needs to be upgraded.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts