Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I need some help here. I have had my TV for a little of 6 years and other than one other service call it has been trouble free. The issue I am dealing with now is that i have vertical lines running down my screen about one inch apart. I have done a lot of research on this on the internet and every one point to the convergence IC or the resistors. so far I have replaced the STK 392-110 IC with stk391-150 as recommended by this site and many others. I also cleaned and applied new heat sink compound because the other was pretty dry. I then pulled each of the resistors out and mesured out of circuit and all tested within the 5% tolorence. After putting everything back together and adjusting the convergence it he menu my issue still has not changed. Help I am at a loss

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I needed to make a couple of corrections to the above post, one I replaced the IC with STK392-150 not STK391-150. also in my research there is a small black box that controls the color guns focus and intensity, I adjusted this also to sharpen the picture but it didn't do anything to get rid of the lines. Also when using the menus all these screens are not affected with the lines they are nice and clear. So I know it is something in the video signal.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Post an image. It is hard to know what you mean by "lines." If it is a convergence problem the colors don't converge. If you have lines in the image, it could be lots of things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was following the thread for czipster about the same issue. I don't know how to attach a picture in this forum. but if you look at czipster he has pictures posted and mine looks just like it.

JVC AV-65WP74 Problem - Vertical Lines
czipster

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You will be able to post images when you get your post count up. You can use the post padding thread to make a few more posts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, but did you take a look at JVC AV-65WP74 Problem - Vertical Lines by czipster this posting already has the pictures on it that are the same as the problem I am having

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Looks like convergence generator patterns leaking into video. I'd be looking for a bad ground or other bad connection somewhere.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Somewhere in the set. I have no way of knowing what you may have done in attempting to repair the set, nor do I recall the layout of the boards in your model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when this problem started we just got done watching a DVD when we switched back to watching TV the lines were there. I thought it might be the cable so I tried another DVD and the line were there also. That is when I started my Internet research that lead me to changing my convergence IC. As far as a loose ground I can't find any, I went as far as pulling the whole unit out of the back to do a thorough inspection for loose grounds. I even loosened and retightened all the chassis grounds. I also pulled the convergence PCB out and retouched all the solder points to make sure there were no cold solder joints and line are still there. This thing is really getting on my nerves:dontknow:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The problem will likely require troubleshooting that is beyond the scope of this forum. I suggest you have a professional who is JVC authorized give you an estimate.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You are probably thinking of the light sensor that must be covered or the digital inputs will be disabled. Otherwise, the set will work fine, but you won't get anything on the digital input if you power the set without covering it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.