Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AV-48WP74 JVC tv I recently was working on the convergence board.. it had a few blown resistors. Before I started any work on it. The green red and blue had display but the red and green had slopes and bowed. I now have the red in line with the blue in the convergence menu. But now the green wont even show in the convergence menu. All tubes light up but the green will not display images/picture?

I have checked all connections but on this TV the blue and red tubes are T'd into the green circuit board on the tube.

What could be the problem? Blown resistors or circuitry on the board attached to the green tube?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You likely pulled something loose or damaged something while working on the convergence. Go over it more carefully.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread was moved to the JVC forum to maintain forum organization and to make the information easier for others to find in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I some how I had cracked the whole circuit board on the green tube. I was able to solder her all back together. Now i have picture again. But now i still have a slope in the green display and two blown resistors on the convergence board in the green section. I am aware that is probably the problem but i dont know where to get these resistors. I know one is a 220 ohm. and the other says 1.8 ohm.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
DigiKey and Mouser are good sources of resistors. Just about any electronics supply house should have them. You might check with B&D as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts