Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: I just replaced my STK Convergence. After completing the job everything works perfect except the screen is tilted to the right just a tad. I am aware that I can adjust my screen from top to bottom. How do I adjust my left to right and/or my tilt? :help:

Thanx in advance for any help with this.

Qwikkut

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You go to the service manual and see if there is a tilt adjustment. If not, you have to rotate the yokes on all three tubes if the tilt is in both the horizontal and vertical lines equally. If not you have to work it out with other convergence controls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What could have caused it to be misaligned ? Could I have bumped something when I was repairing it?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I suspect you just never noticed it before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well to tell you the truth I got the TV for $25.00. I have never seen it when it was working right. It needed the Convergence fixed. You are probably right. it might have been that way before the Convergence went bad.

Thanx for your time and answers.

Qwikkut

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You might take a look at the mirror to see if it is dislodged or broken.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Perhaps on the source? What is the problem exactly? If you post more information about what you are experiencing and what the conditions are, you are more likely to get useful answers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The picture just seem to be stretched a little too much . It looks perfect on regular but it will show gray sides on both sides. All of the other settings " Panorama, Cinema etc. looks a bit stretched. It seem that it would be a much better pic if I could back up the zoom some how.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What does "back up the zoom" mean?

The picture looks stretched because it is. There is no other way to fill up the screen when the source is 4:3 without losing info on the top and bottom (zooming).

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I doubt that there is any adjustment for this beyond the selections for different zoom or stretch modes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts