Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had this TV for almost 3 years and now have a problem. I turned it on the other day and about 5 minutes later the picture went blank and then a popping sound came from the speakers. I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in the speakers pop and there is a clicking sound from the back somewhere. The picture doesn't come on and the power light blinks slowly on and off. There wasn't any bad weather or power problems that day. Does anyone have a suggestion on what may be going on? I really, really miss my big TV and now I'm watching a 19" from the bedroom. Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sorry, but I don't do much JVC, so I have little in the way of tips on this one. I would start with some research and basic troubleshooting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a technician come out today to check the TV. At first he thought the (module?) was bad and that would have been around $800.00. After he checked the entire system it turned out to be only one of the three little boards behind the front panel of the TV which are $250.00 each. So luckily I avoided the potential 1,000.00+ repair bill that could have been. I think I would have just trashed the TV for that amount even though I really like it. Now I finally have my 65" baby back and can put the 19" back in the bedroom. Maybe this will help someone else who may experience this problem.

Great Forum you have here!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Can you provide part numbers, prices and what the labor charges were. These descriptions are very vague and not very useful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts