Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am trying to find out if my older JVC CH-X1100 cd changer will work with the newer JVC head units like the JVC KD-A640 or A735.

None of the specs say anything about the expansion port being able to support a cd changer. It appears to be the same connection port, but without buying the head unit, I cannot tell.

I sent in a FAQ to JVC but as you know, it may be some time before I hear back from them.

Thank you.

White Lincoln

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Are there any car audio dealers nearby you that you might could call up and ask... or perhaps they would let you look at the unit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. I did not think of that. I can call a few and take my cd changer with me in hopes that they have a show model hooked up.

Thanks!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... I would just call them first and see if they would know. Then if they don't, they might tell you to just bring it to the store and they will check it for you and see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K, thanks. I am also looking at older "new" models of JVC's that did support the Cd Changer. That might be an easier route.

The audio place is just down the street. Probably have better luck dropping by then trying to get a hold of them on the phone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,
I just got confirmation from JVC on JVC Car stereos and Cd Changers:

"I understand you are inquiring about the CD changer CH-X1100. We do apologize, but any current models like the KD-R460 are not compatible with any CD changers. Only the 2009 and earlier models are compatible with our JVC CD changers. We appreciate your inquiry and support."

Hope this helps anyone wanting to know this information.

Regards,
White Lincoln

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Customer service to the rescue! Good for JVC!
Yes! I was quite suprised to see the email on Sunday morning, non the less.

My wife said she does not need the CD CHanger in her car so I bought her a JVC KD-A640 car stereo and will hook up 6 speakers and 2 subs in the car using a amp that I have. It won't be loud, but I hope to get rid of a lot of the back seat sound coming from the sides of the seats where the rear speakers are. I am adding a pair of smaller speakers on the rear deck to balance it out. The subs are, well, because I have them and have no other use for them.

Thanks all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts