Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought a JVC HD52G887 52-Inch HDILA Rear Projection TV on craigslist earlier this summer. I have a polk audio surround sound system that I want to hook up to the TV. I know that the surround sound system works because I have an ipod plugged in and it sounds great. The problem seems to be with the TV audio output. I have tried putting audio cords into all of the audio outputs on the back of the TV and I even bought a fiber optic cable for digital output and still no sound is going from the TV to the surround sound receiver. I was wondering if there is some setting on the TV that I have to change to turn on audio outputs? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Here is a link to the TV for reference. http://uomkom.com/product.asp?id=281

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Did you select PCM or Dolby Digital in the Digital Sound Menu? It's on page 54 of the manual. Also, refer to page 80 of the manual under Troubleshooting. There are some other items to check if you don't get any sound.

The manual is here if you need it. :T

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No HDMI for XBOX 360 and for HD Cable Box. I read in that manual you posted that with HDMI signal, "ANALOG" sound is blocked from going out, but I am using a fiber optic cable in the Digital Audio Out port. Shouldn't that work?

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What your saying kind of confusing me. If I unplug the HDMI cord from the TV, I will lose the picture and and sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts