Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
we are still looking for a tv we can afford, this one appears on a craigslist. and I quote:

"The TV is in pretty good shape, the bulb is fairly new.

The only problem is that the red on the TV has gone out, but the TV still works great."

can the red go out on a dlp? And I assume this is a dlp since the "bulb" is fairly new...

thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: dlp tv no red?

I just got the info on the tv, it is a JVC hs-52z575 so I will post on the jvc thread my questions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JVC hs-52z575 no red?

I am thinking of getting this tv, we need one and cant afford out rental, so wondering if this is a simple fix, or not. here is a quote form the person having it...."The TV is in pretty good shape, the bulb is fairly new. The only problem is that the red on the TV has gone out, but the TV still works great."

So, any ideas. I guess it is a ila whatever that is.

Attachments

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Re: dlp tv no red?

I merged your threads on this set.

D-ILA is LCoS technology. More than likely, the red panel is broke. :huh: Unless it's single panel, then the single panel would be broke. :ponder: I think you would probably have to replace the light engine. But don't quote me on that. :dontknow:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I doubt seriously that JVC sells the discrete part. One would need to get the service manual to find out, and it is likely not a trivial repair if even possible. JVC parts are also often expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts