Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JVC AV-32F713 will not turn off. When I hit the power button on the remote, it blinks and the sound turns off. When I hit the power button a second time, it shuts off for a few seconds and then turns back on with the sound back on as well. I tried unplugging it for the night (for about 7 hours) and then plugged it back in to see if that would work but it did not. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Does it do the same thing using the power button on the JVC its self? or only with the remote.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does it when I push the power button on the JVC itself as well as with the remote, so no matter how you try to turn it off, you can't. The only way to turn it off is to unplug the tv.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hmmm, not sure what to think. We will have to see what others may have to say about this. When you plug it in does it turn back on right away or only once you hit the power button?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Could be a shorted switch transistor or a problem with the microprocessor. It should be easy to troubleshoot for any professional who has a schematic. I am not aware of any common problems related to this symptom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just for clarification I was off on the model number. The model number JVC t.v. that I have is AV-32F702, and NOT AV-32F713. I am not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I thought that I should mention this just in case it does make a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the Power light is off on the t.v. (powered off, with picture still on, but no sound), and I unplug and then plug it back in, it will stay off completely until I manually turn it back on. However, when I plug it back in, it makes a sound like it's coming back on. If the t.v. is on, and I unplug it and then plug it back it in, it will turn back on completely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it kind of just resolved itself on its own. I did everything that I thought would fix it, but nothing seemed to work. Then just one night unexpectedly before going to bed, I was able to turn it off. I couldn't believe it! I don't why, but it hasn't done it since then. Let me know if you are able to fix it and if so, pinpoint what it is, so that if it does ever happen again, I will know what to do. Thanks.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would be looking at the tact switches on the control panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts