Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Roku HD XR box hooked to my HDMI 1 port and get choppy audio. I tried my other Roku box as well and also tried both Roku boxes on my other LT-42PM51 TV with the same results. Are these models not capable of handeling the HDMI audio signal?

I also tried another HDMI cable with the same result, choppy audio signal.

I finally plugged my Roky box audio signal into my THBA3 sound box to get audio.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
I have my Roku HD XR box hooked to my HDMI 1 port and get choppy audio. I tried my other Roku box as well and also tried both Roku boxes on my other LT-42PM51 TV with the same results. Are these models not capable of handeling the HDMI audio signal?

I also tried another HDMI cable with the same result, choppy audio signal.

I finally plugged my Roky box audio signal into my THBA3 sound box to get audio.

Any ideas?
Do the Rokus offer any audio settings that you can change, such as bitstream/PCM/etc?

Or any audio settings you can change on the TV?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the Rokus offer any audio settings that you can change, such as bitstream/PCM/etc?

Or any audio settings you can change on the TV?
Yes, and I tried both the settings on the Roku and the TV's. Best I can guess on this is that these models do not support the audio frequency.

Does anyone have a GOOD number to call JVC for issues with these TV's? All my equipment is under warranty, one way or another. Looks like I need to contact them and find out why the sound on these TV's is so bad.

We also have issues with the sound not sync'n when watch regular "air" TV. One TV is worse than the other. Leave it on long enough and the audio and video get out of sync.

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.