Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I make the RX-5060 stay off when power goes out?

Just had the power flash for a few seconds and stereo came right back on. This is the second time this has done this since I've had the stereo.

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What good is that going to do me? Obviously, the only time this would occur would be when I was actually listening to the stereo when the power went out, and of course I would simply turn the thing off using the power button then.

It is plugged into a power strip/surge suppressor already.

I have e-mailed JVC, but that says it takes up to 3 days for a reply. Wrote down their phone number, in case it comes to that also.

Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do I want it to stay off?

Let me put it this way. Say I'm rockin pretty hard and the power goes out for some dumb reason like it did the day I posted the original question.

Everyone knows it's not good for sudden bursts on the speakers whether it's the power being turned off or on, so if power goes off unexpectedly, there's one sudden pop. Now, if the power comes right back on and I've been jammin' hard, pow there goes another sudden pop. Easiest way in the world to blow a set of speakers. As fast as power flashed a couple days ago I didn't have time to turn power off whether using a strip or the power button on receiver. I would prefer the power to stay off as it does on EVERY piece of electronic equipment I've EVER owned.

I might also add that if it's storming or very windy, I very seldom have ANYTHING turned on, but the day I posted above post it wasn't doing anything, not even the slightest breeze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.