Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the Full Review here!

The KREISEL DXD12012 Duo is an extraordinary technological achievement and it was a great pleasure to get my hands on it and run it through the wringer. So now it is that time to answer as many of the outstanding questions that I am sure are on each of your minds so please feel free to fire away!

Read the Full Review here!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
KEN KREISEL's Limited Time Trade In Promotions

Competitive Upgrade Program
We are very pleased to announce our new Competitive Upgrade Program, available only for a limited time. We want everyone to be able to experience the awesome high impact bass that only the new KEN KREISEL Push-Pull-Pulsar subwoofers can produce and to do so we are now offering a generous trade-in allowance for your current subwoofer, regardless of its make and model, towards the purchase of one of our new subwoofer(s). Customers are responsible for all shipping fees to deliver their trade-in subwoofer to our warehouse in Torrance, CA USA. The trade in promotion applies to customers who reside in the USA only.

The M&K Sound Trade In Promotion has been extended due to its popularity
The trade in promotion applies to customers who reside in the USA, and on Miller & Kreisel Sound/M&K Sound subwoofers. Customers are responsible for all shipping fees to deliver their trade-in subwoofer to our warehouse in Torrance, CA USA. We will pay the shipping fees to have your new KEN KREISEL subwoofer(s) delivered to you. Chris will be happy to discuss with you our generous trade in price for your Miller & Kreisel Sound/M&K Sound subwoofer(s).

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Re: KREISEL DXD12012 Discussion Thread

Lots of good info there. I can hardly believe the frequency response you experienced! Also Interesting that Kreisel was involved with sound design for the Star Wars movies. I'm glad to hear the 12012 lived up to its hype. I had been considering a trade-in for the 808, but shied away after our first impressions of the 12012's at the GTG. Now I'm really anxious to see how the 808's perform (considering the 12012 is pretty far beyond my spending range).

Question - after using the "green dot" settings, did you keep them in the stacked/corner position?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: KREISEL DXD12012 Discussion Thread

Hey Peter, I tried several different configurations including stack in the back and in the front left corner but ended up having them split to the left and right of the center up front.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
It would be if you were limited on space, but there is hardly any replacement for having a sub up front of your room and one in the back to help level out room anomalies.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow! That is one crazy, crazy awesome sub. I need to read the review again, I just skimmed it but the in room measurement down to 2.5Hz! Am I reading that right? That's like earthquake territory.

Dan

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dan, it definitely got down there. At 4.5 Hz it was within +/- 3 db of 75 db which was insane!

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I agree with Dan... That's INSANE. Single digits? Is that even safe for the structure of a house????

I'd also have to agree, Dale, you are lucky to play with these toys. I'd hardly know what to do with them! ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for the review Dale! That looks like a beast of a sub, I'd love to see outdoor ground plane measurements.

Going forward will the subjective test music and movies be the same for each sub being tested or will that change?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the review Dale! That looks like a beast of a sub, I'd love to see outdoor ground plane measurements.

Going forward will the subjective test music and movies be the same for each sub being tested or will that change?
The subjective listening material will change but it will always contain LFE, VLF and ULF material. The in room measurements will be from the same position.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Impressive review. I can't say I'm too fond of the looks of the sub, but the performance definitely seems to be there...but you've gotta pay for it :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dale,

I have a dedicated 17x22x8 basement room, which is well treated acoustically. Do you think one DXD12012 would be optimum for such a room or would two be required. I have an M&K MX-100 so I qualify for a nice trade in from Kreisel Sound. I appreciate your advice.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
That is a pretty respectable size room and while one might work... two will do better especially for taming response anomalies.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts