Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just unearthed my old Kenwood SS-992 from my garage. We had it hooked up in my old house, but when we moved, procrastination set in. So today I found some free time and hooked it up, however, when I turn it on, it starts up and says "Dolby" and seems to be normal for a few seconds, then it switches over to flashin the word "PROTECT" and none of the buttons work.:doh:

Any ideas??

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
... when I turn it on, it starts up and says "Dolby" and seems to be normal for a few seconds, then it switches over to flashin the word "PROTECT" and none of the buttons work.:doh:..
I think there's something making a short circuit and that's why is going into protection mode ...:yes:

Did you connected speakers??? ... first, look to see if wires (+ and -) are touching.

Check the power cord (maybe is bad).

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
It usually takes a few seconds before the relays for the amplifier turn on, so you problem is probably amplifier related. As salvasol says, check all of you connections. You could have a small strand of wire bridging the gap between terminals.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think both of you are right. I just shut it off and unplugged it for a while and let it sit with the cover off.

A couple hours later I plugged it back in and it worked fine
:-D
Thanks all!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts