Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
I have the parameters from the 2005 L5 series which I can model, but first can you tell us how big the room is and is it sealed off from other room or open to them. A 10 inch driver is only capable of so much output, putting it in a big room and expecting high SPL for home theater would be asking a lot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H
the room is approximately 2000 cubic feet opening to an enclosed stairwell(door at top). .I actually have a pair of these.so building two is not out of the question.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh,oh.dont know if they are d2 or d4(son in law cannot remember) they were purchased 5 years ago if that helps....is there a way to tell?? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Here is some modelling.
Green is a single driver in 4 cu.ft. (net volume) tuned to 23 hz.
Porting would be a slot port that would be determined by your chosen cabinet dimensions.
SPL would be estimated at 108 db at 22 hz, not including any room gain that you may get.
Orange would be 2 separate subs with double the power, that would be an estimated 114 db at 22 hz.

kicker.jpg

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Uh,oh.dont know if they are d2 or d4(son in law cannot remember) they were purchased 5 years ago if that helps....is there a way to tell?? Thanks again
It should say on the bottom of the subs somewhere. If you still have the box that they came in check around on it, it should say something like "Kicker L510D2" or "L510D4".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts