Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let the few who are still buying HD-DVDs (like myself) know of the pricing at The Discovery Channel. Go here http://shopping.discovery.com/category-HB_HDDVDS.html?jzid=40588004-62-0 for the "Planet Earth" set for $29.99 + free shipping. A lot more deals also. One caveat; all sales of HD-DVDs are (understandably) final. I own this set, and it is mind boggling if you haven't seen it in HD.

Anyone know where I can get King Kong in HD-DVD? I simply cannot find it...

Please, for those of us still buying the HD-DVDs, if you see excellent prices, please post them here, or a link is fine too...Thanks :T
Cheers,
Konky.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just so everyone knows, its the one narrated by Sigourney Weaver and not Richard Attenborough. I was told there were differences in each version besides whose narrating it. Still, good deal nontheless.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I got Goodfellas for $15 at Target. They have all their HDDVDs priced pretty low, all 12 of them.

I hear BestBuy has 30% off on all of them, so I'll be heading out there tomorrow. My quarell with myself is that I don't want to get anything that is also on Blu, or is coming prety soon. Target had Batman Begins for 20, but i passed it up because it has a Blu release date. I'll grab a few tomorrow, along with a BD or two.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Salvasol...yes, that's exactly what I was looking for...just ordered it and much thanks to you!
Cheers,
Konky.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There's been firesales on HDDVD here in Australia over the past few weeks, titles starting at $4.70AUD.
I've bought about 100 discs this week.

Hakka.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'll correct my previous post. I went to best buy today and their prices were just as high as for Blu. I got nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just picked up two of the Borne movies at Rogers Video for ten bucks each. If you're in Canada you can pick through their previously rented stock - 2 for twenty bucks. That's not bad.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Wayde I just picked up all three Bourne flicks for around $30. Amazon has quite a few HD DVD's now under $10 too.

I have two HD DVD players and actually plan on picking up another one just to put in the closet. I have extended warranties on both my players... but who knows what will happen if one breaks. I expect a gift card from Best Buy instead of a replacement or repair, so snagging a player cheap now makes sense to me.

For people that don't have an extensive HD DVD collection, I'm not sure I'd recommend it, but they are very good upconverter players too...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Circuit City has all HD DVD, except Beowolf and Shrek 3, 1/2 price. I picked up 5 today for $67.50 including tax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts