Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 365 Posts

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. In regards to the rotating 90 degrees i think the real answer is only known to ken himself. It makes no difference to the frequency response or time delay.

I have a simulated response for the room. Originally i had the sub in the front right corner under the right speaker, i found it intergrates better in the front left. The simulated response is also much better.
I think you may be partly right there Darkmatter, Ken subs are unique in certain ways and deliver a very clean response which gives it such great impact in movies but are also lightning quick and articulate for music, he will not give away all his secrets ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
A word of advice to other owners. Yesterday after i had turned off my AVR i decided i would turn off the sub using the wall power switch, i turned it back on later in the evening (normally its on 24/7 in the always on) and it didn't come back alive, turns out turning it off/on at the wall blew the fuse. Quick trip down to maplins sorted it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Recruit, from your experience with subwoofers, what would you sya the depth of the 808 compares to? (someone asked me this and i am interested to see what another owner felt about it)

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Recruit, from your experience with subwoofers, what would you sya the depth of the 808 compares to? (someone asked me this and i am interested to see what another owner felt about it)
Well, I have had a fair few subwoofers in my time and from different manufacturers but mostly M&K, and from memory this sub is more impressive than my previous MX350MKII that I had, you have to take into account this in my room and this DXD808 performs brilliantly, also I would say from the last sub I had which was also NO slouch a Martin Logan Depth i, I prefer the bass from the KK which has more impact and power!

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
A word of advice to other owners. Yesterday after i had turned off my AVR i decided i would turn off the sub using the wall power switch, i turned it back on later in the evening (normally its on 24/7 in the always on) and it didn't come back alive, turns out turning it off/on at the wall blew the fuse. Quick trip down to maplins sorted it out.
This might not necessarily be a problem with the subs short blow fuse blowing too quickly, but more likely a problem within your own main supply as this does not happen when I have switched on & off, saying that only done it twice! but it might mean you have some problem within that mains ring that the sub is off?

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Its another good review. I wish i could find more reviews comparing a single and a duo!
The review here by Jman was very good and thorough, sorry I'm on my iPhone ATM so difficult to link to, but I think it is the best one yet comparing the 808 as a single and then a DUO, check it out in the hardware review section!

As soon as I can get another one then I will make sure I do a thorough review also :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I found the review wasn't quite as much a comparison between single and duo. It was more a review of the duo... Maybe i need to re read it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Its a shame, i felt it was a huge missed opportunity for the reviewer to do a a b comparison of single vs duo as he had them both there setup.... Oh well, its a shame as the majority of reviewers seemed to do single or quattro and that's a huge price difference! I cant imagine i am the only one wondering about going form a single to a duo.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Its a shame, i felt it was a huge missed opportunity for the reviewer to do a a b comparison of single vs duo as he had them both there setup.... Oh well, its a shame as the majority of reviewers seemed to do single or quattro and that's a huge price difference! I cant imagine i am the only one wondering about going form a single to a duo.
Your not I'm sure, to me the way I see it anyway from my point of view, was to purchase a single DXD808 because of the size and it's performance potential, and then purchase another to make the DUO to get the fully balanced 3D Push-Pull-Pulsar Deep Bass which is how Ken designed these subs to work, and then I will be happy :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm going to check out "Solomon Kane" tonight with my 10th run of Audyssey:coocoo: which had to to first sound good with music and I must say not bad at all :clap: And for the life of me I can't figure out how to get some pic posted :scratch: i tried resizing and now it says the files still to large :crying: I'll keep at though !

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I'm going to check out "Solomon Kane" tonight with my 10th run of Audyssey:coocoo: which had to to first sound good with music and I must say not bad at all :clap: And for the life of me I can't figure out how to get some pic posted :scratch: i tried resizing and now it says the files still to large :crying: I'll keep at though !
Is Solomon Kane a good movie?

101 - 120 of 365 Posts