Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrade bug struck after I added my second SVS PB-12NSD sub. Here is my newest addition and this thing is massive!

image-585802422.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suggest after breaking it in crank up the final bank robbery in Heat. The gun shots are awesome ;).
I'll keep that one in mind. I've got a bunch I plan on revisiting. I need a new tv riser now. This thing feels very sturdy and I wonder if it would be ok to just put my LCD on top of it?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I don't see why that can't support a tv on top of it. Did you sell your other centre yet? My rc 52 is doing me ok but I would like to upgrade also.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
It's not advised by klipsch to put your tv on the speaker. But a great excuse to upgrade if it fell!:devil: We had a stand made as the F-8500 was much longer and I didn't want to have any issues after buying it and having it calibrated it was almost $4000.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot the pic nothing fancy but it works.
I'm not looking for anything fancy just functional. Something like that would work just fine for me. A buddy made my current tv riser/box for me but he was hesitant to do the same design due to the length of the new center. I'll show him yours for ideas.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is good advice! Mwahahaha! I know Beeman used his center as a stand, but I like riser idea personally. (Whisper)Tony, you need a new center... Btw, jbrax, that center is awesome!
Thanks, I think it will be a nice improvement. I really don't want to sit my tv on it but the furniture grade wood feels as though it would be sturdy enough. Hopefully Beeman chimes in at some point.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The only movie I've watched where I really noticed my rc52 struggle was believe it or not Frozen. The vocals during the singing are so solidly anchored to the centre channel and it could not deal with it.
No money available to upgrade now sadly so it will have to wait :(

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
The only movie I've watched where I really noticed my rc52 struggle was believe it or not Frozen. The vocals during the singing are so solidly anchored to the centre channel and it could not deal with it. No money available to upgrade now sadly so it will have to wait :(
I hear that. Ya just do whatcha can do when ya can do it. And yes I think frozen has a pretty dynamic track also. Although I just saw in my new S/V, it got 3/5. Some of the notes said(huge paraphrase) things like sounds not matching the environment. Like when Elsa's singing in the newly formed ice castle, it sounds like dead studio space without any reverb. ...better watch it again.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only movie I've watched where I really noticed my rc52 struggle was believe it or not Frozen. The vocals during the singing are so solidly anchored to the centre channel and it could not deal with it. No money available to upgrade now sadly so it will have to wait :(
Frozen huh? Could it possibly need more power? As for the money situation sorry to hear but I'm not in a big hurry to sell it so maybe a bit later?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I can't for one second believe that it was running out of power, remember I have the Onkyo 805 and it's amp section is a beast plus I'm running a two channel amp on the mains.
Later is a possibility but later for me will be august at best?

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Now that you have had the RC-64 for a few days what are your impressions of it compared to the RC-62?

I have RF-83's and a RC-62 and it is a great combo, but every now and then I yearn for a RC-64.

I know the Reference II series are a little different but horizontal center speakers are a little different than the matching towers anyway so if I were to up grade I would go with a NIB RC-64II.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now that you have had the RC-64 for a few days what are your impressions of it compared to the RC-62? I have RF-83's and a RC-62 and it is a great combo, but every now and then I yearn for a RC-64. I know the Reference II series are a little different but horizontal center speakers are a little different than the matching towers anyway so if I were to up grade I would go with a NIB RC-64II.
I have yet to put it in place (killing me) because I'm having a tv stand custom built to house the new speaker. I thought about temporarily setting my 60 pound display directly on it but thought better of it. I was hoping BeeMan would chime in but it seems he's on a sabbatical from the forum?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts