Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here it is installed. Couldn't wait for my custom tv riser. I'll be running Audyssey tonight.

image-2618229399.jpg

image-2181468815.jpg

image-2014118470.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Surprised it took this long;). It looks smaller with the grill on.
Oh, it's been driving me crazy looking at the thing everyday. It does look smaller in the pic with the grill on but trust me it's a big 'ole speaker! :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I bet that's the longest nap your wife's ever taken!
Sure seemed like it but she got up and took the dog for a walk so it was quiet for my Audyssey calibration. Audyssey trimmed it at -10 which seems a little high but I'll see how it sounds after The Lego movie.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I got my RC-64 it wouldn't fit in my old TV stand. Looked around and couldn't fine any stands that it would fit in for a reasonable price. Went to Walmart and found an open TV stand with three shelves and an upright attachment for the TV. The top shelf hold over 100 pounds and the two bottom shelves hold 60 pounds apiece.

I was going to use the top shelf for the speaker, but even with the 60 inch LG plasma mounted in the top position there wasn't enough space between the bottom of the TV and the shelf, so I put it on the middle shelf. The speaker weighs 61 pounds so it shouldn't be a problem. Been there over 1 year so I guess if it was going to break it would have done so by now.

Top shelf hold the TV/cable box, Blu-Ray player and an XPA-200. The bottom shelf holds my Elite VSX-52 and XPA-5.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Unfortunately the stand I have has to stay. It really doesn't look bad as is and the tv base has for rubber feet so there's no damage being done to the speaker from contact. The weight is my only concern.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts