Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Unfortunately the stand I have has to stay. It really doesn't look bad as is and the tv base has for rubber feet so there's no damage being done to the speaker from contact. The weight is my only concern.
Four rubber feet…

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Thanks.
Just dreaming, I'll get over it in a few years.

I know it's not really a fair question, but do you think the price of admission was worth it compared to the RC-62 ?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks. Just dreaming, I'll get over it in a few years. I know it's not really a fair question, but do you think the price of admission was worth it compared to the RC-62 ?
If I had to be honest…no not really. It's impressive but at over twice the cost I'd say you get to that point of diminishing returns. If that makes sense? Part of the reason I wanted it was partly aesthetics. Hope that doesn't sound vain…

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If I had to be honest…no not really. It's impressive but at over twice the cost I'd say you get to that point of diminishing returns. If that makes sense? Part of the reason I wanted it was partly aesthetics. Hope that doesn't sound vain…
That's why you buy the 64 the first time then you don't wonder what if;). But i was single at the time as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First Post

Just auditioned a 64II past weekend as possible replacement for my RC-7.

Thought I had a problem with the 7. Turns out the SQ coming from DirecTv was the culprit.

Would have loved to keep the 64II, but could not justify since it was virtually identical in SQ to the RC-7. The 7 is on a custom wall mount above my PioElite. Would have had to get a new mount to accommodate the 64II.

I vacillated, but in the end decided to return the RC-64II. Wow. $100 bucks shipping including insurance! Oh well. I am not in this hobby to save money!:whistling:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You are right though I wish I would have just started with the RC-64 II. To be honest I wasn't really sure how far I wanted to go with this but once you catch the bug it's hard to stop. I can say I'm done upgrading with the center channel as this is it but now I'm wondering how much of an upgrade the front L/R would be with RF-7's? I think I'll probably do a projector and screen first but I really wanted to move and have a dedicated room first. The dedicated room and move will have to wait another year to year and a half as I want to finish putting my daughter through college. Also, I was kidding with the fiscally responsible comment and my wife and I are rather aggressive with our retirement savings plan. I'll never let my hobbies affect that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I usually buy bigger, but I went with rf 63 over the 83 due to weight, there hard to move. I had an Energy setup before and the center was about the size of the rc 62 so the rc. 64 was a no brainer for me when I switched speakers.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Thanks, most of the time I am happy with what I have.
Then someone will get a RC-64 or a PB-13 Ultra or a top of the line AVR or almost anything else.... LOL .... and I will start wondering.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks, most of the time I am happy with what I have. Then someone will get a RC-64 or a PB-13 Ultra or a top of the line AVR or almost anything else.... LOL .... and I will start wondering.
I know exactly what you mean but as I said if I was being honest the price jump probably doesn't match the return. I don't in any way regret the purchase but you probably understand what I'm saying. That whole diminishing returns thing.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I went with the RC-62 mostly because of size.
Nothing has changed in that regard, if I put a RC-64 in the hole the RC-62 is in there would be no room for the PS3, the Wii, the hard drive, or the ROKU.
But that does not keep me from putting a RC-64 in the shopping cart once in a while and ponder clicking submit order.
Sometimes I can think of more ways to spend money than a woman.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I went with the RC-62 mostly because of size. Nothing has changed in that regard, if I put a RC-64 in the hole the RC-62 is in there would be no room for the PS3, the Wii, the hard drive, or the ROKU. But that does not keep me from putting a RC-64 in the shopping cart once in a while and ponder clicking submit order. Sometimes I can think of more ways to spend money than a woman.
Looks like you need someone to help you out. Buy it and you will watch more movies;).

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I went with the RC-62 mostly because of size. Nothing has changed in that regard, if I put a RC-64 in the hole the RC-62 is in there would be no room for the PS3, the Wii, the hard drive, or the ROKU. But that does not keep me from putting a RC-64 in the shopping cart once in a while and ponder clicking submit order. Sometimes I can think of more ways to spend money than a woman.
That's funny because I had a pair of RF-7's in a cart just last night but didn't pull the trigger.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts