Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking for your expertise and see who has some real world experience with the SUB-12 and to help me decide if a new sub is going to be a night/day experience. I have a theater room that measures 24x15 with 8ft cieling, carpeted floor, sheetrocked walls, big furniture. My speakers right now are the Klipsch Quintet SL's, SUB-12. My other gear is a Sony 2400ES, Panasonic AX200U Projector, 120" Elitescreen, PS3 and Toshiba HD-DVD, Harmony One Remote, Lutron remote dimmers.

The sub I have now does ok, and packs a decent punch but I am always craving more! I have started looking at the SVS line and am interested in seeing if anyone else has used the SUB-12 and switched to SVS - specifically the PB12-NSD or the PC12-NSD (this is all I will be able to squeeze right now - also want to upgrade all my speakers within the next year - eyeing the B&W 600 series)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply....I really love the 600's, my local dealer is giving me a smoking deal on the full set too. Only problem is I want everything and I want it now but my wallet is holding me back! If I want the 600's then I have to scale back my sub to the ones afforementioned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dougmac, thanks for the info. The 2400ES is a great little receiver, jumped up from the DG710 and it was a huge improvement, and the onscreen GUI is really quite nice. I have run the auto calibration for phase control, then went and started tweaking from there. I have the SUB12 dialed in about as close as its going to get, the one thing that seems to lack with this sub is the 17-30hz range....the really low bass is just lacking. I dont have an SPL Meter yet so I dont know exactly where I am at, and also the main reason I am looking at SVS. I got smacked in the face with upgrade-itis..... I just wish I would have looked at SVS before I bought my current setup!!!! :hissyfit:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts