Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a convergence chip job on a "510" couple week's back, and every thing went smooth. But with that TV I was able to do a manual convergence from the Menu. Now I have the same TV but a "500" model in front of me. The TV is working fine, and the flash focus does it's job, but the manual convergence is missing from the Menu. I would like to run a manual convergence just to make sure flash focus did'nt do a perfect job. Can this be done easly?
And also, what are the differences between the 510 and 500 model?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I am not sure what the differences are and would have to do some research to find out. Are you talking about the consumer menu or the service menu? Do you have the service manual or any of the training literature?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the consumer menu or the service menu?
Consumer menu.
With the 510 I could just push [menu]> then select [video] scroll down to the bottom and there was a manual convergence option that would bring up the grid. Now with my 500 (seem's identical to the 510) the manual convergence option is missing from the menu.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I have the 500 model.

You have to have the TV turned off then push the TV > Display > 5 > Volume + > Power buttons in that order on the remote.

The tv will now display “3D-COMB” in the upper left hand corner.

Press the <2> or <3> keys to move up or down through the adjustment categories until you see “PJE” in the upper left hand corner(note that the letters will change to a different font).

Next press the <6> key twice, this will bring up a grid (crosshatch) without video behind it.

When I refer to the <Center> key, It is located in the middle of the directional arrow keys on the remote.

When cursor is white, you can move it to an adjustment point using the arrow keys. Once you press the <Center> button, the cursor will lock to that adjustment point. It will now change to one of three colors ; Red, Green, or Blue. The color of the cursor will be the color you are adjusting. To change the color press the <3> key only when the cursor is locked to an adjustment point, pressing the <3> key when you are in navigation mode will have no effect.

To save your changes press the <Muting> then <Enter> keys on the remote.

I found this from a helpful user on another forum awhile back when I fixed my TV for the first time. Some Tv's don't have to push the TV button first on the remote so if those instructions don't work try that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts