Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can someone help me? I'm looking for the ISO for my Win 7 Pro 32 bit Acer laptop. which only goes to the repair option but when pressed it only brings up black screen and cursor. No other option works. I want to see if I can repair it or get my files it with the ISO USB/DVD, but I can't find it. All I have right now is the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool. Please Help me. Thank you.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,389 Posts
Joe, Joe, Joe. It's always something with you... :D

If the repair option only shows a black screen with a cursor that generally means there was an issue with the OS booting up, so you might not be able to go that route. Repairing may no longer be a viable option. If all you want to do is get files off the old drive than a USB-to-SATA adapter works well, albeit slowly. I've had good luck in the past with that type of adapter. This assume you have another computer to use for the file transfer, of course.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,389 Posts
lol I was gonna ask you but...Thanks. So if I connect it to another computer it will show my desktop or my files? Never had to do this before.
The hard drive is removed from the broken computer, connected to the adapter and then plugged into another computer. It then looks/acts just like any other external drive. However, I suspect you already know that by now because you ordered an adapter. ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The hard drive is removed from the broken computer, connected to the adapter and then plugged into another computer. It then looks/acts just like any other external drive. However, I suspect you already know that by now because you ordered an adapter. ;)
Thanks Jim!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.