Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only mic I have available to me is the one on my HP laptop, i have no idea if it is accurate or not but i figured this is the place to ask.

here is what I am testing:
Acoustic Elegance AV15-X
7ft3 tuned to 19hz
240w dayton plate amp

winISD spl graph

roomEQ graph, im pretty new to this so i hope i did everything right

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

Any mic used with REW will need a calibration file, which compensates for its deficiencies in frequency response so that REW sees it as delivering flat response. That way the program can give you an accurate graph. Not having one is (hopefully) why your sup appears to fall like a brick below 30 Hz, way short of your modeling.

Good job on the graph - looks like you read the Help files. :T A little tip, instead of doing screen shots, you can click on the little floppy icon in the lower left corner of the graph and you can save the graph as a jpg. Keep its size to no more than 800 wide and you can upload it directly to your posts - no"outboard" server needed.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Yeah, the graph just won't be representative of the response of the sub. You don't have a calibration file for the mic, the mic preamp of a laptop has very poor response, and your not able to carry out a soundcard calibration. All these factors combine to make the exercise rather futile.

You require a proper line-in and line-out, which means you'll need an external USB soundcard that you can then calibrate. Then you'll require a proper SPL meter with a calibration file.

brucek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts