Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there O men of superbly evolved and multifaceted problem solving excellence within the burgeoning world of the audiophile!

I am proceeding upon life's path in the direction of my own self-built sonosub and have reached the point where I must choose which express card type sound card would be the best in all respects for my humble undertaking.

By presenting my request thus I am hoping to snare the latest news which might help me procure the most suitable card around $100 to further me in my quest for experiential knowledge and materiel herewith.

Blah blah blah...I think you should see what I am asking by now.

Please post or PM me if you can suggest something. Thank you in advance.:help:

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
If I understand your question, you are asking about an audio interface in the ExpressCard (PCMCIA) format for plugging into a laptop expansion card slot. There is little available in that format, and it is expensive.

The most common audio interfaces in the $100 range are USB. Will that work for you? If so, either the ART USB Dual Pre or the Tascam US-122MKII will work great with REW.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I have had great results with two very affordable USB interfaces:
Lexicon Alpha is a high-fidelity, low-noise USB interface, is great for line level measurements and has a microphone preamp, but no phantom power for condenser mics.
The Mackie Blackjack costs more, but has two mic preamps with phantom power for condenser mics and excellent fidelity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts