Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
REW Multi-Ch Output Over Laptop HDMI

I remember reading about troubleshooting set-up of multi-channel output on a laptop for use with REW. Guess what? Can't seem to find it. But just as I was about to give up, I did find Post #5 in this thread which lit a bulb over my head... :ponder:

...try a different HDMI input on the AVR! Can't wait to get home to see if one of them supports this.

But part of the problem is that my laptop seemingly doesn't support multiple channels, as checked according to page 15 of Austin Jerry's Guide (linked here). I say "seemingly" because my invoice lists multich as a feature. Was I duped? Maybe not. I recall a gentleman (we'll call him Wayne), who was quite the encyclopedia of HT knowledge. He explained that the laptop and AVR need to be "synch'd" and several iterations of the boot/power-up process may be necessary to get them communicating to the point that the laptop will cooperate and yield the proper output format. Make sense? I thought so - until I tried it at home without his help. Now time has eroded that memory, and I'm stuck with my major purchase in an uncooperative state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts