·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words!

All drivers are Vifa

6.5 mid P17WJ-00-08
1"tweet D25AG35

I had Solen custom design a crossover and box volume for me and i pieced it together.

All cabinets are MDF
Macassar Ebony and Figured maple raw wood veneer.

Pre-cat Lacquar semi finish with a light rub.

I built the center first to fit the entertainment stand and the sound quality made my Energy C4 Connissaeaur towers sound like junk! So i had to replace em! they actually put to shame most other speakers i have heard:)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I don't like it!!!!

P.S.: I don't like for you to have such nice new DIY speakers and me....still the old stuff. Congratulations on your build. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow these surrounds look really sweet. I'd love to build something like that, but still can't find any DIY bipole/dipole plans.:crying:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Noice!! Beautifully finished. Did you use plans for the surrounds or is it your own design? Was going to try something in a dipole/bipole but a couple of the better DIY speaker designers poo poo'ed the idea. It seems standard format surrounds better integrate with today's technology and processors. So I'm trying something standard now but I still would like to try a similar design to yours. Where abouts are you located?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi

The design is not totaly mine. I copied an old commercialy made speaker that i had for years and loved. The mids are in phase and the tweeters out of phase. I dont know that I agree with direct radiating speakers integrating better, perhaps if you had a huge room.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They were actually modeled after Energy RVSS surrounds. they were a higher end surround manufactured in canada over ten years ago, Energy is now owned by Klipsch and manufactured in china. I think there success was attributed to a good bass response not typically found in a Bipole/dipole. Thats probably why i liked them so much.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Any parts lists for the Dipole? I'd really like to build something better then my store bought in walls (that I can't figure out how they got THX certified!), but I don't have the tools to design a crossover. I do however, have decent woodworking skills!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Any parts lists for the Dipole? I'd really like to build something better then my store bought in walls (that I can't figure out how they got THX certified!), but I don't have the tools to design a crossover. I do however, have decent woodworking skills!
Do you want to go active or passive?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts