Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Good link. I know someone who is here today exactly because the people around him knew CPR. It is certainly a good idea to know what to do and even better to take a class if you can. I refreshed my Red Cross training just a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
You never know. I "had" to take CPR as part of PE in high school. Never used it, but was glad to know it. Then my company paid ot have someone come in and teach us, I volunteered. This happened a few times. The last two included instructions in AEDs (Automatic External Defribrilators) which are popping up everywhere. Good stuff to know, and I always sign up for classes when offered because the guidelines are contantly changing as new success data is available. The nice thing about AEDs is that the regulations are set up such that once you're qualified on one device you can operate them all, they all have ot have the same user controls etc.

The CPR training of course included choking manuevers, and one day I babysat for a friend's then 2 yr old. Before I knew it the kid was running around while eating Cheerios and she started choking. Gratefully I knew what to do and she's still cute as a button 5 yrs later. It was just this past Spring I had the courage to tell my buddy what happened...

You just never know...

·
Registered
361 Posts
As a few of you know (haven't been around in a while) I work for 911 dispatch and believe it or not this style of chest compressions have been being used for the past couple years by dispatchers and first responders. Where I work we were all amazed to see this all over the news and morning programs just a couple weeks ago like it was completely new. I do believe it is a good idea for everyone to be cpr certified. Even though you could always call 911 and get a good center like mine on the phone, some more rural areas don't use the same proactive measures to help the callers. You may be in the most random and odd place when you have to call for someone who isn't conscious and breathing and will need to start oxygen circulating without the aid of someone on 911. I always try to think of absolute worse case scenarios. If I can help prevent someone's untimely exit I will no matter where I am. So do yourself, you friends, your family all a favor and learn cpr. You could save someone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts