Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
You can watch Woot today for something to come up during the 'Woot-off'. There was a 37" Vizio earlier for $319.99. But they were refurbished models. Something might come up new though, and you can't beat the $5 shipping charge.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not been too lucky with Woot, but the Coby looks promising. Even with 10% tax, $386 would be less than the Toshiba at Newegg.

·
Registered
497 Posts
No real need for 1080p in a 37" unless she is sitting within 5-6'. The toshiba is a good unit.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah... she is pretty close, but truth be known, she would probably never know the difference. Plus she as been viewing SD... this will be her first rodeo with HD... which will be via Dish Network. So... I will not discount a 720p model.

G

·
0 Posts
No real need for 1080p in a 37" unless she is sitting within 5-6'. The toshiba is a good unit.
This is what I was thinking. Check walmart.com and maybe even tiger direct. Might even be able to go 42" if you are willing to go 720P. For a smaller screen, it should not be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is what I was thinking. Check walmart.com and maybe even tiger direct. Might even be able to go 42" if you are willing to go 720P. For a smaller screen, it should not be a deal breaker.
Ditto. I couldn't agree more. 720P is perfectly fine for a 37" set.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The best deal thus far is the Coby from sears. It may not be the recognizable brand that Toshiba is, but I don't think my sister will care about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts