Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Left channel not working on preamplifier

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kal Rubinson 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, and hope you can help me out. So my problem is: I have an Onkyo p3030 preamplifier and sometimes the left channel output stops working. It happens randomly and it could happen for 1 minute or 20 minutes than it fades on again with clear and crispy sound for some time and then it fades off again. This cycle continues as a loop. I'm sure that the problem is the preamplifier and not the input source or my speakers( WHARFEDALE MACH9) connected to the amplifier(Onkyo m5030) because I have tested it in many ways changing input and speaker outputs from left to right and viceversa and the conclusion is that the left output of the amplifier doesn't work with the cycle that I have already talked about.

Note: when I raise up the volume to around 50%, the left speaker starts working again but with a really bad sound and less volume. So I really don't know what the problem could be.
Please help me, because this is a very amazing and awesome sounding set. Thank you.

There is the circuit diagram of the amplifier at page 9 if you need it

Attachments

#4 ·
The simplest possibility is a bad wiper contact on the volume control and this is attacked with a spray of contact cleaner if the control is accessible. Bad connections/contacts elsewhere in that channel are also possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.