Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I looked in the manual and in the FAQ.. but didn't see a good answer to my really simple question.

I have a DSP1100 and I am using only a couple PA filters. I purchased it used - so as a sanity check I wanted to make sure that I understood the level meters properly.

When using only the Left channel (ie, LFE line level input) - both of the level meters light up. It behaves almost as if the left meter is pre-filter level and the right meter is post-filter level.

Is that correct? Only filters are enabled for the Left channel - although they are defined for both L+R.

I noticed that when the input is plugged into the Right input - only the right line level appears to be active.

I figured that this is some behavior that only occurs when using only the L channel - so that it can make use of both level LED bars.

Could someone confirm that I'm on the right track? If I missed this in some really obvious post - I apologize.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

Welcome to the Forum!

When using only the Left channel (ie, LFE line level input) - both of the level meters light up. It behaves almost as if the left meter is pre-filter level and the right meter is post-filter level.

Is that correct?
No. You should get a level indication only for the channel you have a signal connected to. Are you sure you haven't mixed up some of the inputs and outputs? Not hard to do, especially if you're using the 1/4" connections.

Regardless, it won't affect the way it works.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum!

No. You should get a level indication only for the channel you have a signal connected to. Are you sure you haven't mixed up some of the inputs and outputs? Not hard to do, especially if you're using the 1/4" connections.

Regardless, it won't affect the way it works.

Regards,
Wayne
Thanks a lot for the response! I will double check...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most Pro-equiment uses the left channel as mono input. If i remember correctly, i had the same 'issue' in my BFD back when I owned one.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most Pro-equiment uses the left channel as mono input. If i remember correctly, i had the same 'issue' in my BFD back when I owned one.
Thanks for your response too. I checked the input/output - and it was only connected to the Left Channel - so no question there.

I had some more time to test it and I found that the L meter would show the level after the filters have been applied and the right meter would show the actual line level. I tested with filters that increased and decreased the gain - and every time the left level display changed in intensity correctly - relative to the right meter.

If the EQ was out - then both L and R would show the same level (the L channel).

Thanks for everyones help. I look forward to spending some more time soaking up the knowlege here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts