Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help please. I am having a popping and flickering issue with my LED tv. It happens on my cable box and my apple tv.

I first thought is it could be a bad HDMI switch or HDMI cable. But I am unsure. I have attached a link to a short video with the issue.

When I first start the system it happens more on the Apple TV Side. It will happen less and less the longer I have the system on.

Thanks Joe

Sorry no link i guess i need to have more post to post a link.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
5 posts, and we have post padding threads, but just answer a few questions and you will have enough.

What other sources do you have and do they do the same thing?

How long are the HDMI cables?

What kind of HDMI switch are you using? Did you eliminate it and does it do the same thing?

Any other devices in the signal path?

If you just put the menu up on the set and no other signal, does the menu show the problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great questions.

What other sources do you have and do they do the same thing?
I have any Apple TV and my cable box both running through a rockfish HDMI 4 port switch.( it happens on both devices).
the same thing happens on any HDMI input on the TV.( i thought i might have a bad input) I have also taken the switch out of the loop and went direct to the cable box and I was still having the problem.

How long are the HDMI cables?
(using the same 50 ft HDMI cable). Which makes me believe its the cable.

Any other devices in the signal path?
no other devices on the system

If you just put the menu up on the set and no other signal, does the menu show the problem?
I will try next.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something different is happening now. The popping and flickering is only happening on the apple tv side now. It was happening on the cable side. but ever since i switch the TV HDMI input from 1 to 2. it only happens on apple tv now.

I did test to see if happens when i use the TV menu only and it does not.

so any ideas what anyone think it could be would be very help full.

Joe

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Not sure what "end" means. Did you solve the problem? Looks like a timing problem in pull down compensation possibly. My guess it that it really does need repair. I would try different resolution settings on the sources and see what combination does it. Also, if you have PIP on either end see if that does it and if it is synced between windows.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What about on OTA signals?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts