Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hopefully your old TV will find a nice new home (or get repurposed to another room). Please come back and update the LG's arrival / first impressions!

Oh will b handing the Sammy to my bro in law so I'm happy that it's going to someone who will appreciate it.

I'm no where close to the TV experts here but for sure, ill post some of my thoughts once I get to play w/ the new toy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Amazon is so cheap right now, the E6 65" is below 4 grand.

They have a Amazon Warehouse Deals one that has a 1/4" damage on it for less than 3500

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please come back and update the LG's arrival / first impressions!

Thought I should post impression in the owner thread but figured posting here might help those who are on the fence, or don't have time to go through 1000 pages of thread.

Got the TV & set it up myself on nov 4th.

Short version of my impression is: WOW this TV is flat out AWESOME!

If you are in the "to be not to be" mode, just find a way to make it a "to b" if budget allows, then forget about price may drop when next model comes out... there is always that "next"! Don't make the mistake by making yourself wait too long LoL

Long version:

Packaging-I had so much fun following the instructions to go through the setup process, from box instruction of how to pull TV out put on stand etc, to the Welcome screen initial steps to setup the TV. BEST experience I've ever had in setting up a TV. If it matters Over the years I had B&O, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, RCA, Toshiba TVs.

Menu - how come Samsung cannot make its TV OS the way LG does? I didn't play w/ the newer Samsung TV menu, but based on the 2 Samsung TV I had, the LG menu feels much better faster w/ better layout. Not that I cannot find the settings on my previous Samsung / Sony etc TVs, it's just that I didn't feel like I need to look for settings the moment I started using the LG menu.

Sound - the sound bar on the e6 is very useful for me since I cannot have loud music in my complex. The sound bar is a good improvement compared to all the TVs I had except for the B&O... bit we all know how much B&O wants for their TVs, I would take the E6 over any B&O tvs for PQ!!! No complain on the sound bar here.

What's important - picture quality

WOW is all I get to say. I had full array RGB TV, as well as experience in viewing friends highly regarded plasma, but this OLED panel made me "think" - "have I ever seen this colour on TV before?" It's THAT crazy as I found myself seeing "new" colour from watching day to day stuff, news e.g.

Man this TV just turns even watching lousy programs/ movies into good experience LoL

Besides the colour I found myself being able to tell distance between objects, how lightings were setup in scenes. It may b a bad thing for some (things look too realistic like u r standing there watching them filming it instead of getting the movie feel), but to me that's just fantastic!!!! The micro contrast, shadow, soft focus, sharpness etc, it's just wonderful.

Honestly this is the only TV that I only spend an hour or so to play w/ picture settings and went, " this is very good alrdy, do I want to spend time to calibrate it right away?" I can see myself enjoying the set w/o even thinking about calibration. Will see if I wanna get the most out of this TV from spending time on calibration in the next few weeks/months/years hahaha

Issues? I spent time reading many many pages of the owners thread, learning all sorts of issues that the "enthusiasts" had encountered.

You know what? I have not found any of those issues (yet?) on my set, glass not flat, white not uniform, vignetting, dead pixels, banding, motion issue, etc. Don't let the issues you read about to stop you from getting this TV. To me there is always a flaw on any products (think about your wife?) if we LOOK for it. Focus on what's good I'm sure you will not regret in owning this oled panel.

But THANKS to the enthusiasts as they really helped to bring out the issues so that LG can fix it before I get my set. They also saved me time from trying settings that don't add values or would work better w/ certain values. E.G. the TruMotion setting I learned to use 2 dejudder + 2 motion smooth.

Alright that's all I have to say for now. This is my first writing about TV impression. So bear w/ me plz if I sound overly excited and biased, because this E6 TV really makes me feel that way.

Cheers!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,280 Posts
I'm no where close to the TV experts here but for sure, ill post some of my thoughts once I get to play w/ the new toy!
And you were concerned about posting your assessment? There was apparently no need to worry. :T

While the reviews published on HTS are (hopefully) quite helpful, posts from owners with first-hand experience are invaluable. I'm sure your comments will assist others who are looking at these TV's and thinking "I wonder...".

·
Registered
6 Posts
And you were concerned about posting your assessment? There was apparently no need to worry. :T

While the reviews published on HTS are (hopefully) quite helpful, posts from owners with first-hand experience are invaluable. I'm sure your comments will assist others who are looking at these TV's and thinking "I wonder...".

Hahaha thank you very much Jman! VERY happy to know it helps. :)

I have a feeling for most of us the most difficult part in the decision making process could perhaps be in obtaining the "wife approval" stamp on the permit. I said it to my better half straight up front telling her I'm not seeking for the approval... I'm doing it.... (huge risk I'm taking w/ internal turmoil)

For those who need that stamp, here's a good one... this morning my better half said to me (very lightly) all of a sudden, "oh I didn't know Vampire Diary could look nice... this TV shows the mood and lighting of the show makes the viewing experience a lot better..."

Oh man oh you know how much that statement means?!?!? I got the "approval" stamp!!!!! ;)

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Amazon is so cheap right now, the E6 65" is below 4 grand.

They have a Amazon Warehouse Deals one that has a 1/4" damage on it for less than 3500
Same price with some other LG authorized dealers :)

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The best deal now is our 5% rewards credit, ($1k store credit), free shipping and no tax for orders outside of NY State.

We're also offering 18 months interest free financing through the end of November on all LG TVs.

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Actually, LG and Sony's Black Friday sale begins today and ends 11/28. LG's 55" B6/C6 is $1,798 and the 65" is $2,798 through authorized dealers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is happening in anticipation of Panasonic, Sony, and others are moving to OLED. Also, since newer models are coming out. 4K UHD TV's will continue to spiral downwards. 4K UHD just doesn't compare to OLED.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered a 65" E6 from Robert on Friday with the QC check and SDR/HDR calibration, pricing is great on these things right now. I was back and forth on waiting for 2017, but the E6 is a proven performer and will be a nice upgrade from my EF9500.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I ordered a 65" E6 from Robert on Friday with the QC check and SDR/HDR calibration, pricing is great on these things right now. I was back and forth on waiting for 2017, but the E6 is a proven performer and will be a nice upgrade from my EF9500.

May i ask how much did u pay for 65 inch E oled?
I am in the same boat. Lol i paid mire than 4k on my 65 EF;( what did u do with ur EG?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts