Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
I am in the same boat, if my 60" plasma died tomorrow I think I could reluctantly replace it with a 55" 4K OLED for about $1,000 more than what I paid for the plasma and just move my couch a little closer to the TV :)

Hopefully by the time it does die a 65" OLED would be around $1K and maybe with Panasonic getting into the OLED market that will happen even sooner.
@typ44q, take a look at LG's latest Full HD 1080p 55" OLED, the 55EG9100. Great product only topped by the even greater price of below $2k and the new reduced price of the 4K 55" OLED is sub $3k.

@Todd, thanks for another great article! Very nicely written and on target.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Yes, ^^ But with a proper break-in and watching mixed content I would not expect to see any burn-in. Emissive displays, like, plasma, CRT and OLED are subject to image retention.

BTW, you can burn a static image into a LCD TV, but it takes longer exposure of the static image to burn it into the panel.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Thanks for the info Robert. Have you had any OLED tvs in the hdtv shootout?
Yes, in fact, LG won our 2015 TV Shootout evaluation event with the 65EG9600 4K OLED TV. The 65EG9600 came in first by the popular and professional participants who voted. At last month's CEDIA convention we presented LG's management with our "King of TV" trophy and they proudly displayed the trophy at their exhibit.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Starting tomorrow, Monday, November 9th, we're offering a buyer's choice on LG's Flat and Curved 65" and 55" OLED TVs;

With purchase of LG 65" Flat or Curved 4K OLED TV 65" you can choose between a 10% store credit, $500 or take a FREE 49UF6400.

With purchase of LG 55" Flat or curved 4K OLED TV you can select a 10% store credit of $300 or take a FREE 42LF5600.

Offers end 11/21/15 and will not be back again.

-Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts