Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have fully decoupled my HT room, the walls and ceiling are not touching any member of the house. It is a free standing room inside another room. I am very pleased with the sound proofing, Even with my system playing louder than I would listen to it the sound outside the room is barely audible, that is until I turn on the IB subwoofer. At that point the whole house shakes like King Kong is standing on it! http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-design-construction/16240-lake-martin-theater.html

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Sorry guys, i did not describe the last pics.:whistling:
It`s resilient sound clips to decouple and anchor to masory.
The memran is to keep the insulation in place, it`s airtight but moisture-open.
The rubbersheet is to decouple between the floorplate and the concrete.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I have fully decoupled my HT room, the walls and ceiling are not touching any member member of the house. It is a free standing room inside another room. I am very pleased with the sound proofing, Even with my system playing louder than I would listen to it the sound outside the room is barely audible, that is until I turn on the IB subwoofer. At that point the whole house shakes like King Kong is standing on it! http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-design-construction/16240-lake-martin-theater.html
Your HT room is very impressive, i`m very excited about the result after i`ve finished the HT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good.

What will you be loading into the cavities in the walls to increase sound absorption?

My build will be a little different as I will be using 6" SS walls filled with either OC703 or acoustic cotton and 2 layers of drywall decoupled by green glue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Looks good.

What will you be loading into the cavities in the walls to increase sound absorption?

My build will be a little different as I will be using 6" SS walls filled with either OC703 or acoustic cotton and 2 layers of drywall decoupled by green glue.
Hi. I`ll use the Roxul stone wool insulation, 2 layer drywall, 1 layer MDF and decoupled by green glue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
takbjelker 010.jpg

Adding stringers to the longest wall to make it stiffer. I`m not shure if i should add stringers to all the walls. If the walls are moving at low frequencies, they will then absorb low-frequency sound?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think you best bet for sound absorbtion of LF is to build it in it's own building next door.

Just kidding. LF is very hard to stop but it looks like you are doing a lot to reduce it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I think you best bet for sound absorbtion of LF is to build it in it's own building next door.

Just kidding. LF is very hard to stop but it looks like you are doing a lot to reduce it.
Heh, heh Chad, I do not think the neighbor agrees to the idea:paddle:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yea, somehow "super-stiff" surfaces became a goal for some. The trouble is it just isn't possible to get an infinitely stiff structure.

Flex is what isolates. Allows internal damping of materials.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I think I make the right choices for solutions, but I do not know this until everything is finished and begin the soundcheck, there are too many factors that affect this.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Wall mounted until the neighboring rooms.
dørvegg 003.jpg

There are about 1 inch between the walls.
dørvegg 005.jpg

The door is a 40 db sound proof, it is so heavy that I have trouble lifting it.
dørvegg 002.jpg

Cheers. some luxury do I need while I'm working:R
dørvegg 004.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
it is an approved door that will withstand heat for more than 30 minutes and dampen sound with a minimum of 40 db

·
Registered
888 Posts
... and dampen sound with a minimum of 40 db
I'm sure it's a great door. For the greater audience, these stats are misleading. 40dB at what frequencies? A sealed hollow core door will stop 40bB at some high frequency as well. No door will stop 40dB at 50Hz, in contrast.

Again, it looks like a fine door, and I'm sure it will work fine, simply commenting on their information

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I'm sure it's a great door. For the greater audience, these stats are misleading. 40dB at what frequencies? A sealed hollow core door will stop 40bB at some high frequency as well. No door will stop 40dB at 50Hz, in contrast.

Again, it looks like a fine door, and I'm sure it will work fine, simply commenting on their information
Yes Ted, probably in the range 3-4 k.
lglura

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
The building is a bit slow at the moment, here is an update. The walls are ready to be covered with drywall. The next thing I will build is the floating joist.
dørvegg 009.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I am a little confused, I will build the roof with 2" 6 " or should I build the roof with 2" 4 "to get a roof that is more flexible. I`ll use stringers between the joist (c/c 30 cm) in both cases . The weight of the roof is 23 kg each m2 :scratch:

81 - 100 of 140 Posts