Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the typical lifespan of a fixed screen? Something I never really took the time to research... I installed a Carada screen...

Anyone have any insights? Is there a point as to which some start to sag and ripple?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
That is a very good question! Sure wish I had a good answer, but I don't. My guess is that unless the screen is made of very cheap material it should last for years as long as there is no physical contact with pointy objects, throw objects, etc. Probably a real good hint would be to check the screens warranty, very few companies would warranty screens for longer than they think they would last (be sure to read the fine print).

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I had an inexpensive Draper screen on the wall for about 8 years and never had a problem. I replaced it, also with a Carada, when I changed projectors about 4 years ago. As well as the Caradas are built, I doubt you will have a problem for many years, if ever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess it is several years. I have bought a fixed screen 12 years ago and it is still performing very good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Draper 60x80 Cineperm fixed screen is probably close to 15 years old since I got it before the advent of HD. It is still tight as a drum head and white as a pearl. Made in Indiana. Wise investment.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have had mine for 4 years and I only clean it every once in awhile with just some warm water and a soft cloth and it still looks like new so I would think unless you have sunlight shining on it from a window or something that would make it fade it should last as long as you need it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts