Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the lutron the only lighting system that will allow controllable lighting zones via ir remote. Which ever how does it work, what are the best solutions. I was thinking something along the lines of 4 zones. One main zone controlling can lights placed across the whole area, bar area zone, Second row which will be a eating kind of area, last some sconces.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
I use Insteon with a ISY994i, and a free Android app for my phone to control my lighting. I have converted over all but about 6 wall switches in our house and am very happy with it. I also use CQC software for controlling our lighting via tablets, and PC. I use CQC for setting up times of day for lights to come on and go off but I know others use the ISY 994i to do the same thing.

I used UPB, and some Insteon dimmers in my last home and the software they had for UPB (free) was super easy to setup. I really liked their line but it was a little bit more expensive than the Insteon was, so I went with Insteon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if I help me make sure I understand this right. If I have 4 zones, which in my case my sconces will be 1 zone, my pendant lights will be another zone, and my can lights will be divided between 2 zones, one in the back and one in the front. So I would just wire the 4 individual zones to their own individual switch. Then it would depend on the module, and program I have for either my tab, or computer or possible remote.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Yes... Other than the other option I posted in the other thread. There might be others but those are the 2 options I am familiar with. :T

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes... Other than the other option I posted in the other thread. There might be others but those are the 2 options I am familiar with. :T
So as long as I wire it right, then I can just choose later on. Thanks this home automation is taking me some time to under stand but I think I am figuring it out now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts