Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 11 band per channel parametric EQ. I want REW to calculate only 11 adjustments to the main speakers. Is this possible? At the moment it shows 20 when using 'Generic'.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
9,319 Posts

The “Generic” EQ setting is just that. It’s designed to accommodate any equalizer that REW isn’t specifically set up for. Parametric EQs that have been sold over the years can have as few as three filters, with some later models having up to 20, I think. As Bernard mentioned, you just activate the number of filters your particular equalizer has.

However, there’s a good chance you won’t find the “Generic” setting terribly useful. As you can see from the graphs at this post, equalizers don’t necessarily “resolve” filters the same way, for lack of a better word. Unless your equalizer happens to match the characteristics of REW’s generic setting, your actual results won’t turn out the way the program predicted. With equalizers not supported by REW, it’s best to just use the RTA feature, which allows you to tweak filters and see the results in real time.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to thank everyone for the speedy replies. I tried the automatically generated settings and they don't work well with my device. The RTA, however, was very useful.

Thanks again for your assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts