Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, its been a long time since I was on the forum.
Anyway.
Its been about 20 years since I did any car audio setup back from my last system of two old school Vega Stokers.
My kids are now telling my my car stereo sucks.....can't really disagree with them.
I'd like to do a four channel amp for the internal speakers and a mono for a moderate sub in my Accord. I don't want to start pulling apart the dash with all the climate controls and everything else. Some how I remember doing this with older cars was easier. You know DIN, DIN 1/2, Double DIN....where did that go?
Is there such thing as a good Line Out Converter? Can I get a good low level signal for my other gear?
Can you fellas recommend a quality unit.
Thank you for any help! This is making me feel old....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Woodhammer,

There are some good converters in the market. Also there are good quality amps that have a high power input, so you don't need a seperate convertor.

Sometimes it's possible to exchange the factory headunit and replace with a aftermarked one. This can be done to use a bracked. If you give me the production year of your car, I can look for it.

I'ts great that you want to upgrade your stereo!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Woodhammer,

There are some good converters in the market. Also there are good quality amps that have a high power input, so you don't need a seperate convertor.

Sometimes it's possible to exchange the factory headunit and replace with a aftermarked one. This can be done to use a bracked. If you give me the production year of your car, I can look for it.

I'ts great that you want to upgrade your stereo!
Thanks for the info. Its a 2006 Accord V6 but I really dont want to replace the HU. I like using the wheel controls and having climate control since its all one panel. Plus since the car is about at the end of its life I don't want to spend big money and parts I cannot use in my next Accord. Just a modular line converter would be best.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks for the info. Its a 2006 Accord V6 but I really dont want to replace the HU. I like using the wheel controls and having climate control since its all one panel. Plus since the car is about at the end of its life I don't want to spend big money and parts I cannot use in my next Accord. Just a modular line converter would be best.
Thanks!
AGREE just use a nice amp with high gain inputs, of which there are many... and don't be afraid to use raw speakers from parts express...
I have DAYTON and MOREL in my F150 + two 8 inch subs + 2 amps and it blows ppl away... :grin2:

Any budget numbers ? would help for some amp/speaker recommendations but ya keep your HU all day long...
the only pain will be extending the speaker wires to your amp... be sure to use a shielded 8 conductor or 2 shielded 4 conductors as un-shielded wire will pick up noise very easily

If you really want to use a line converter here is one...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_39057_Massive_Audio_FLATLINE_II.aspx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts