Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Great project, Wayne. And, as usual, a very informative and well written review. I can attest to the clean and extended upper midrange to top end, as I was one of the lucky listeners. The term 'iimediacy" that you used regarding the image and soundstage is a good way do describe the sound. I would be one of those reaching for some EQ to balance things out, but oddly, part of what I heard was not likely to be sorted out there. I found a slight disconnect between the character of the mid bass to midrange and the top end in both tonal quality and image. It was all very clean, and you know how I prioritize low distortion, so there was much to like. There was just something that did not gel in the marrying of the two drivers, IMO. That said, there is likely lots that could be done with the design that could maybe get a little better continuity of character, and this would certainly be a great DIY project if one was going that route. What better choice for this kind of project than a unigue, well thought out design, excellent drivers, and great imaging with low distortion right off the bat.

And your execution of the design was, as one would expect, clever.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts